Pages

Saturday 3 October 2015

Autumn smoky eyes♡

Autumn has arrived, 'tis the season for electric blankets, mugs of hot chocolate and most importantly Autumn makeup! It's time to crack out your orange and warm toned browns and home in on smoky eyes, with nude lips or nude eyes and dark lips! 

I love to mix and match my colours, no two smoky eyes of mine will be exactly the same, but a really elegant smoky eye is one of my favourites. You don't need a face of makeup for a smoky eye either, just a spot or two of concealer and a lipstick could do you for a whole day, paired with a little powder to control your pores. I love this palette which is Frontcover's winter box palette thing, because it has a variety of warm and cool toned colours. 



Along with this I take my MUA bronzer which I've shown on here before probably about a year ago. I use this bronzer as an eyeshadow and even though you may be thinking why the hell would you use bronzer as eyeshadow, it really works for me as it is a warm orangey tone, bringing out the hazel in my eyes. 

I also take a little bit of a copper shadow from revolutions iconic 2 palette, just to sweep across the finished look to add a little sparkle, I also run this along my waterline to brighten up the eye.

I also use Makeup academies fine line eyeliner, I've tried a few eyeliners, like no7 and collection and they've all been a bit rubbish and at the same time I would not spend over £20 on one from benefit, so when I found MUAs fine liner I instantly fell in love. It not only has great staying power, it's also really easy to apply and also wipes away with ease, so your not madly wiping away at your eye, pulling out all of your eyelashes at the same time. The other thing too is that I have really sensitive skin and so a thick product can really irritate my skin, however this product really works and does not leave my skin feeling anything less than normal:)



To recreate this look you could use similar products or just swap out products for ones of your own, tailoring the style to you. 

First of all I took iron stone from the front cover box palette which is a greeny toned brown and swiped this all over the lid.
 I did this lightly because I wanted a more orangey toned brown on my eye but you could really go to town with this shade and make the look a lot more greeny! 

After blending iron stone a little just to soften the shadow I took the darkest brown in the iconic two palette and lightly traced my crease, rocking the brush back and forth to provide a transition colour for our actual prominent shadow to blend to. 

Then taking the Mua bronzer in shade 2 I applied this generously to my whole lid, slightly dampening the brush to make the colour stand out even further. Blend this in and blend it into the darker brown shade in the crease so that you do not have blocks of colour but a nice gradient. 

Taking the same dark brown shade I added a little black eyeshadow and focused a lot of drama to the outer corner of my eye again sweeping this through my crease. For a more dramatic look you could take the further and further toward the tear duct, depending on how prominent you want your eyes to be. 

I then took a setting brush (random I know) and lightly added the copper colour to the eye, just delicately to make the eye sparkle. This added a little shimmer and sort of completed the look. This stage is optional, you could stay for a very matte bold eye or make it a little more shimmery with a touch of glitter, whatever you like it's totally up to you. 

I then added a thin line of eyeliner really close to my lashes and then a really thin line from just below my bottom lash line line, following the eye until the two lines meet. I then created a flick by drawing from the bottom line up and increasing the thickness to an amount I was happy with. 

I then took the copper shimmery colour that I used on my eye and packed this very delicately onto my waterline with a Barry m eyeshadow brush. This really helps to open up the eye and to make the eye stand out a lot more. 

And finally to round it all off I applied lots of mascara to add another dramatic element to the look. You can add as little or as much mascara as you like, making sure none goes onto your smoky eyes;)

I then proceeded to fill in my brows, highlight my brow bone, add a bit of concealer and a nude lip, finishing a really fun, creative and simple makeup look that is really effective and can be tailored to suite most occasions, and can be done with many different gradients of colours! 

Thank you for reading,
Make sure you've subscribed if you would like to be updated on when I post and add my Instagram and snap chat for updates too. Leave a comment if you like too, on any suggestions or questions etc. 

See you soon,
Bye;) 







No comments:

Post a Comment