Pages

Sunday 18 October 2015

Makeup/beauty favourites recently!

Ahhh bliss, the nights draw in at 6 and the hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream are cracked open, as we spend many an evening warming our hands by the fire! Yes that's right, it's Autumn and thank god too, it's my favourite time of the year.

One of my most favouritist, preciousist and most essentialist (I have amazing grammar okay) to do in Autumn is a smoky eye and great palettes achieve great things! I absolutely love the bare Browns palette by chilli pepper London. It has the perfect balance of warm toned colours. My favourite, by fair, is the gold shimmery shade. The colour is a pale gold,but it is definitely a build-able colour. It is so pigmented and doesn't crease on the eye, as it shouldn't. I love the lighter brown too. The browns are a sort of brown, greyish shade, but they are perfect to use as a shade in the crease, to line the eye or as eyebrow shades for me. The Chilli Pepper eye shadow palettes come in a range of shades and are so affordable, they only cost £6 for 4 beautiful, pigmented shades. You can't really go wrong to be honest.

Another beauty favourite of mine is the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. Now, I realize I previously mentioned in an older post how I would rather pay for a brush not a label, but I was bought the Sam's picks set for my birthday last year, and I have to say they are great brushes. I really like the buffing brush, I use it for most things, but i especially love it for blusher. It is the perfect size, and makes blending blush a lot easier. I also like using it to set my concealer under my eyes, it is great! I feel like it is really similar to the Real Techniques sculpting brush, but it is a circular brush, which personally I really like. 
These brushes are also really easy to wash, and hold their shape. The hairs of the brush don't come away, the brush is pretty much the same as when I got it. I still love the Primark P.S. brushes, and they are a lot more affordable than the Real Techniques brushes, and are the same softness.

I have also been loving some jewellery that my friend Hannah gave to me. I can't remember exactly what brand it was, I'm pretty sure it was FatFace but I couldn't be certain. However I really like these bracelets, as the colours aren't really bold, more like pastels and were a set of around 7. The ones in the picture are my favourites, but I really like the set as a whole. I've also been loving a nighttime themed set of bracelets I bought from New Look in the sale a few months ago.


And last but not least, I have been thoroughly enjoying using the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in the shade 111, Kiss of life.
 It is a moisturising red lipstick, that is slightly mattifying, and has amazing staying power. I also really liked the look of 107 but I feel like cherry red lipstick doesn't suit me.
These lipsticks are really affordable and are long wearing, so I rarely have to apply this twice in one day, and I'm not going to lie but I don't think I'd have to apply it again if I didn't take it off and wore it the next day, I'm not even joking.


Thank you for reading, I hope you had a great weekend and I'll be back on Thursday with a new post!
Bye:)

No comments:

Post a Comment