Pages

Thursday 12 November 2015

Everyday makeup routine:)

7am every morning and I'm up, getting ready for the day. Most of the time this means that I’m sat down, applying lipstick, or curling my eyelashes. One thing that I cannot stress to you enough is that I do not wear makeup to hide my face, I do not wear makeup to be popular and I do not wear makeup to show off. The reason I wear makeup is because I want to, its because its something that interests me, like a sport may interest you.
This is obviously Zoella’s makeup bag from her range of products, and inside here I have all of my products that I use everyday. This includes makeup brushes, and pre-makeup base products, along with all the lovely little luxuries inside. This makeup bag costs £8 and is the perfect size for your basic, everyday essentials (well for mine it is). The first thing I do is pin back my most annoying fringe or tie back my hair.
Then, being the most important step in my makeup routine, I moisturise my skin. The one moisturiser I swear by is the simple light hydrating moisturiser. I put this on as soon as I wake up, faff around with other stuff for 10 minutes and then rub in another layer, so that my skin is very well hydrated. I like the fact that this moisturiser soaks into the skin, and doesn’t leave it looking too greasy or shiny. It also acts as my primer as that isn't a step for me usually.
The next thing that I like to do is apply my foundation/BB cream. Quite often I mix the two, so that the foundation isn't too heavy on my face. More often than not I will use my trusty Nivea BB cream in the colour natural. If I’m using a BB cream I will use my hands and work a small amount onto the skin, then taking my real techniques buffing brush and working this is further. However if I use foundation I apply with my foundation brush and then buff it in using the same buffing brush.
I then take the MaxFactor pan stick concealer and lightly dab a little under my eyes and around my nose. This concealer is very full coverage and so therefore is only needed in very small amounts. I use the colour 13 nouveau beige, which is the perfect colour for my skin. For this I use the real techniques buffing brush. The next thing I will do is take the setting brush and using my Rimmel stay matte powder, I will just set under my eyes. Most of the time I don’t need to set my makeup, as I find that I just don’t need to but if I’m going to be wearing makeup particularly long or need it to stay for a certain length of time I will apply powder.
Then I take my fluffy crease brush by Real Techniques and sweep on a little of the copper colour in the Revolution Iconic 2 palette. This palette I have been told is a dupe for the Naked 2 palette, and if it is then I am sure you could use the Naked 2 palette in the same way. The reason I love this palette is it has got such a good range of colours and the colour pay-off is just excellent. I then take a little of the lighter brown shade (yes, I’ve hit pan on that one) and lightly taking it through the socket line, to define the eye. I by no means go all out with my eyes on an everyday basis because I try to keep the look quite neutral and laidback.
I don’t often make the effort to do eyeliner but if I do I use a mixture of the MUA extreme line eyeliner and a No7 one. I find that the MUA eyeliner is amazing for lining the actual eye and the No7 better for a cat eye, just because of the shape of the nib. They are both liquid pen styles, which I find the easiest to use. The way I create a cat eye effect is with a plaster. Some people use a spoon or tape, or free hand, which I sometimes do but using a plaster is the best way I’ve found. Plasters are meant for your skin which is a pro of using them because they don’t irritate your skin. I just put the straight edge where I want the flick to go and then I draw it on. It’s so simple and quick that way.
Then I do my brows, which to be fair probably takes me the longest in the morning, especially when I haven’t had them waxed for more than about 4 weeks. All I do is brush them through with a little brow comb and then take my brow definer brush and a little bit of the Revolution eyebrow kit in medium brown. I run this through the brows, in light strokes, and then define the arch. This is increasingly difficult because there are stray hairs all over my brows at the minute so I’m going to have them done tomorrow (thank the lord). Then, after a good few minutes of matching up, I take some of the Maybelline brow drama and run this through the brows. This picks up all the little hair and sets them in place.
I then apply some Lash Sensational Mascara, which I have been loving and apply a good thick layer onto my lashes. It curls them, elongates them, and volumises them. It is just amazing. I then use some of the Maybelline New York rose rush lipstick in 940, which is a pretty, rose pink. It is a moisturising matte lipstick, but I do like to put some of the menthol pink baby lips on top.
Thank you for reading,

Leave comments on anything you’d like to know,

I’ll see you very soon,

Bye:)

No comments:

Post a Comment