Pages

Thursday 19 November 2015

Book review:)

Recently, I've tried to get back into the habit of reading. Reading for me is not a chore, it is really relaxing, and sends me off into a good deep sleep. I always forget about how beneficial reading is for me, and how I lead an extra life through characters in books. Call me a freak, call me weird but if you read books you'll understand what I'm saying.

A few weeks ago, I finished reading "ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES" by Jennifer Niven. I was a little reserved about reading the book, because I knew it was going to be a sad one, which it most certainly was!



What is the book about?
All the bright places is about a girl (Violet) and a boy (Theodore (Finch)) who are both having suicidal thoughts. Without giving too much away it is really hard to say what the book is about but on the cover of the book it says: The story of a girl who learns to live from a boy who wants to die." You probably now see why this book is very emotional and leaves you with so many emotions.

Where did you hear about the book and why did you buy it?
I didn't necessarily hear about the book from anyone, I was just browsing online because I was given a gift card and I loved the design on the front. Yes you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but I did okay and I'm not ashamed of it:P. Coincidentally, it was in Zoella's monthly favourites around the time I eventually bought it, which made me want to read it more.

Why should you read this book?
You should read this book because although you may think that it's obvious what the book is about, but you really don't. The story is not only about love, but it was about the way in which we deal with things. The book, for me, was a real page-turner and kept me awake for nights trying to read to the end of a chapter. The book is engaging and interesting, and has so many hidden mottos inside.

What I liked most about the book?
I think, if I really had to choose, my favourite part of the book is how the ending is worded, and how lovely it is. I would say but it would be a major spoiler alert, but honestly it is so sweet and I love it a lot.

Who I'd recommend it to:
This book is definitely one for the teenage years and upward, if not a little later. I think this is a great book for friends to give to one another for Christmas, or even for your Mum maybe, it's a really humbling story.

Buy it now:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/All-Bright-Places-Jennifer-Niven/dp/0141357037

Thank you for reading,
Subscribe if you haven't already,
Speak soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment